- The "indoor pavilion" (park hall) is a great place to make sure the elements don't get in the way of your gathering. The hall is for rent most any time of the year.
- The Trillium Trail is a nature walk along the south side of the park. Information pertaining to the things to be seen along the way can be found on the nature page.
- The trees in Horner Park are as varied as the people that use the park. How many varieties (of trees) can you name?
- The only thing missing from this view, is YOU. Come on out and play.
- Both "spring-fed" and "runoff-filled", Horner Park lake is a beauty during all times of the year and under many weather conditions.
- The gates of Horner Park are open from approximately 8am till sunset during most of the year. Even during the times when the park is closed to automobile traffic, you can still take a walk through the park and enjoy the wonderful views and sounds of nature.
- A satellite view of the park reveals the actual layout. 58 acres of space to relax, play and enjoy.
- The fountain in the middle of Horner Park Lake serves not only as a wonderful feature of the lake, but also in maintaining the health of the lake. Fish thrive because the proper amount of air is kept in the water.
- Several pavilions are available for your groups' get-togethers. Reservations are encouraged. (Some require a deposit to hold.)
- New this year is a completed 18 "hole" disk golf course. Grab a disk and see how you can do. It isn't as easy as it looks, but it is a whole lot of fun.
- From joyous times such as the annual Firemen's Fireworks Display, to solumn occasions honoring our fallen (both military and civilian), Horner Park is the perfect backdrop.
- Several road races either begin and end or just run through Horner Park each year. If you are not in a race, stop and see the beauty that is Horner Park.
- The Hattie Hypes Horner Memorial reminds us of the one that wanted to leave this land to the people of the Lebanon area to enjoy and cherish.
Park Board Elections
April 9, 2013
Source: St Clair County Clerk